Atlanta is the capital of Georgia and a fast-growing, thriving city located in the heart of the south. In 2016, it was ranked as one of the fastest-growing cities in America by Forbes Magazine. Therefore, it’s no wonder that so many people are considering moving to Atlanta for work or leisure.
Suppose you’re thinking about making a move yourself. In that case, this article will help you get ready with information on what to know about Atlanta before your move, how to prepare for your relocation, and contact information for our Born To Move NYC moving service!
What to Know About Atlanta
Atlanta is an ideal location to move to, with so many things going for it. There are many jobs there, and it’s a beautiful city with lots of local attractions. It also has a good variety of climates, making any time a great time to visit!
The weather in Atlanta is pretty mild all year round. Winters can be a bit chilly: the average temperature from December through February is around 55 degrees Fahrenheit. However, summers can be extremely hot and humid, with temperatures averaging around 85 degrees throughout the summer months.
Here is a quick list of facts about Atlanta:
- Atlanta is a beautiful, historic city.
- There are many things to do in and around the area.
- In terms of entertainment, you can enjoy shows at The Fox Theatre or attend events such as the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra.
- You can also visit the World of Coca-Cola or take a tour at CNN! It’s really fascinating to see how it all works behind the scenes.
- The weather in Atlanta is typical of the South, which means summers are hot and humid while winters tend to be milder than other locations further north.
- It should not surprise that traffic can get heavy at times because Atlanta has over one million people within its city limits. This includes many college students who attend Georgia Tech, Emory University, and Georgia State University.
- Atlanta is home to the world’s largest aquarium, which houses over 120 species of sea creatures in tanks that simulate their natural habitats. In addition, the World of Coca-Cola brings visitors through a simulated bottling factory while Sweetwater Brewery offers tours in an actual working brewery!
- Atlanta is an ideal location for sports fans, too! The Braves play at Turner Field while the Falcons call Mercedes Benz Stadium their home.
- For outdoor enthusiasts, hiking and biking trails are available in many of the city’s parks, including Piedmont Park, which has a beautiful rose garden that blooms during springtime.
Ideal Locations to Live Around Atlanta
Living in Atlanta is great because there are many beautiful neighborhoods and suburbs to choose from.
Here’s a list of some popular places:
- Downtown Living – Over the last few years, Downtown has become an ideal place for people who want to enjoy all that city life has to offer, such as shopping and fine dining! It also offers easy access to public transit.
- The suburbs – Living in the Atlanta suburbs is excellent because you get all of the benefits of living near a big city without having to put up with heavy traffic or high crime rates!
- Morningside, Kirkwood, East Lake & Grant Park are friendly neighborhoods close enough to Downtown while still offering affordable housing prices and safe, family-friendly communities.
- Midtown Atlanta is an excellent location for those who enjoy city life. There are many restaurants, bars, and shops in the area to keep you entertained! Also near Midtown is Atlantic Station which has a lot of upscale shopping that’s perfect if you’re looking for high-end fashion or home décor.
Other popular suburbs include:
- Sandy Springs
- Marietta (great for those who commute to the city)
- Stone Mountain and Vinings are also lovely areas with lots of restaurants and shops!
- Piedmont Park
How To Prepare to Move to Atlanta
You will need to prepare some things before your move to Atlanta if you want it to go smoothly. First, ensure that all of your essential documents are available when needed – this includes IDs, insurance cards, diplomas, birth certificates, etc.
Also, make sure that you know all of your deadlines for your current bills and renewals, especially if they’re coming up soon! It’s best to get these taken care of before moving out of state so that you don’t have any issues when it comes time to sign a new contract or get set up with a new service.
Get your finances in order with a financial plan and budget. You’ll need enough money saved up for the move itself, an initial deposit at your new place, and extra for incidentals. Find a temporary place to stay during your relocation if you plan on moving in the summer months when apartment vacancies are low, and rentals go fast. Explore Airbnb Atlanta listings for short-term rental options!
Figure out how to get around before moving by researching public transportation routes or ridesharing apps like Lyft and Uber. If you plan on driving, be sure to have a well-maintained vehicle that is properly inspected, insured, and registered.
Born To Move NYC Moving Services
So if you’re thinking about moving to Atlanta, there’s a lot you need to know before making the decision—but don’t worry! Born to Move NYC offers flat rate moving services that include packing material, gas, taxes, tolls, labor, and fuel protection. Born to Move NYC is also insured up to $1,000,000, so you don’t need to worry if the unexpected happens during the move; we will cover the cost for the replacement or repair of your items if needed.
Born to Move NYC also provides GPS tracking so you can track the truck moving your belongings. GPS tracking guarantees that your possessions are in good hands and will make it to Atlanta safely and on time. In addition, we provide fast, inexpensive white-glove service that is synonymous with us. We will pick up your items and begin moving immediately to the location where they will be delivered.
We understand that the interstate movers will be adhering to FMCSA rules, and we’ll absolutely match them. Our long-distance moving firm will give you a vehicle that is solely dedicated to your needs and your property. We will not switch trucks at any location throughout the route, meaning the movers who will be at the pick-up place will also be at the drop-off site.
As a result, you can trust that your cargo will be safe and arrive promptly, and our moving firm will handle everything throughout the process. Contact Born to Move NYC today for all the info you need and a quote for your big move to Atlanta!